Today I am going to talk about the TED video by Denis Dutton.
Main Topic
In the video, he is talking about the beauty.
His research question is why people have the beauty in their mind.
He finds its answer in a Darwinian theory of beauty.
As it is known, Darwin is famous for theory of natural selection.
However what he want to mention is the other theory called sexual selection.
He says that the sexual selection is main cause for the beauty.
Reaction
I think what he is talking about is interesting idea.
It cannot be doubted that all people feel beauty to many things, such as landscapes, musics, movies, arts, pictures, and etc.
Also what he did in this video is Critical Thinking!!
He doubted the value and belief all people have. The beauty is one of the common idea that all people have in this world. However no one doubted why we have such idea. At this point he did critical thinking and tried to find the origin of the beauty. I was very excited to notice this truth and I was impressed to find the importance of the critical thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment